Our vision, mission & values
Mission Statement: Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School provides young people aged 8-18 with a broad and balanced education in order for them to progress and succeed in sustained education or employment. We do this through high quality teaching and learning based on effective relationships that enable the achievement of life skills and meaningful qualifications.
Our aim is to deliver specialist, therapeutic education to young people from the age of 8-18 including outdoor learning to encourage pupils to become responsible and happy to enable them to progress towards a fulfilling adult life. We aim to do this for each one of our young people who have learning difficulties, SEMH and ASD. Together we seek to inspire, enable, develop and support young people to achieve their full potential on their lifelong learning journey in a safe and supportive environment where everyone is valued and our expectations regarding standards of behaviour are clearly communicated.
Our school vision is:
Our key principles are as follows:
- To ensure that each young person feels their happiest while at school
- To deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that gives each student the opportunity to achieve personal success
- To provide life skills opportunities to prepare each of our students for a rewarding and fulfilling adult life
- To establish positive home school relationships with parents, carers and pupils
- To support pupils with behaviour management through rewards and incentives
- To create an atmosphere based on mutual respect with a secure and safe environment where students can develop and thrive
Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School promotes a safe and supportive environment where everyone is valued and our expectations regarding standards of behaviour are clearly communicated. Each individual student is valued within a safe, caring and supportive community, characterised by high levels of encouragement, quality teaching and the highest standards of emotional care.
Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School is a specialist provision with emphasis on students with needs associated with a diagnosis on the autistic spectrum, moderate learning difficulties, emotional difficulties and SEMH difficulties and associated complex needs.
Lake End Road Dorney