A school that specialises in meeting the needs of neuro diverse young people with needs such as , developmental language delay, higher-functioning autism and language/communication difficulties which put their emotional and mental health at risk.
Established in 2018 we place an equal emphasis on the educational, social, and psychological development of our young people. The key to the success of the school is a strong ethos, developed by a highly experienced and capable staff, and the strength of the relationships between the staff and the young people.
The school has places for 34 young people, taught in classes of no more than 8 and work with a highly skilled therapeutic and education team.
The school community uses Team Teach (de-escalation strategies and the reduction of risk and restraint) as well the trauma-informed approach of PACE: Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity, Empathy
We deliver a broad and balanced curriculum with a positive focus on Empowerment, Independence and Accreditation that will enable the best transition into the next phase of their educational setting or employment
The Eton Dorney Therapeutic Independent School has a family focused, happy and positive atmosphere in which children can fulfil their potential and grow in self-confidence with respect for the people and environment around them.
Key features of Eton Dorney
- Day for boys and girls aged 8 to 18.
- 38-week placements.
- Small class groups with high staff to student ratios.
- Quiet areas / safe spaces.
- Highly personalised programmes of learning bespoke for individual needs.
- Weekly access to Speech, Language and Communication, Occupational and Psychotherapy.
- Access to the broad Curriculum as well as a range of GCSEs and other accredited courses.
- Staff-supported college placements, vocational courses, work-related learning opportunities.