Supporting parents and families is integral to Eton Dorney’s pastoral approach and our mission set against our school Improvement plan and Ofsted Framework. We have a Family Engagement Lead who acts as a link between the school and the home. By supporting families to reduce stressful situations at home, we aim to ensure that all pupils are happy and secure.
Who can benefit from family support?
- Parents/carers who are not sure who to talk to about a situation they are facing at home or school
- Parents/carers needing support, advice or guidance about statutory services involvement
- Parents/carers who are finding it difficult to manage their child’s behaviour or needs
- Pupils who want to discuss any worries or concerns they might have
Our Family Engagement Lead provides:
- Initial family assessments to identify a family’s needs and levels of support required
- One-to-one support and guidance, and a listening ear, for families and children
- Referral to external services so that families can access holistic support
- Signposting to other local support services or community activities
- Support to access and signpost Early Help intervention
- Support and guidance through social services when necessary
Please note that we are legally bound to follow government guidelines where a child protection issue is identified.