Curriculum & Results
Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School offers a wide and varied curriculum to provide a broad range of learning experiences. At Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School we offer GCSEs, AQA Unit Awards, Functional Skills and BTECs. The learning journey that all our students undertake ensures that, with careful support, they are all able to achieve accreditation. This, for many, will be the stepping-stone to further education college course.
This curriculum is designed to provide rich, interesting and enjoyable learning experiences that take into account individual student needs, abilities, preferences and interests. During the school day students have access to the full National Curriculum, supported by rural, outdoor learning and life skills opportunities.
- To offer the full National Curriculum, vocational opportunities and accredited courses including GCSEs and BTECs as appropriate to each student’s abilities and needs.
- To meet the needs of each student through a planned programme that is implemented and supported across the disciplines of education, care and specialist therapies.
- To ensure that creative teaching leads to progression in each student’s learning and development, from both a day-to-day and year-to-year perspective.
- To review the needs of each student regularly with a view to setting appropriate, relevant and meaningful targets in his or her Individualised Learning Plan.
- To review, monitor and track each student’s progress against their set targets.
Our 14 – 18 Curriculum offers students opportunities to access:
- Accredited courses and examinations including GCSE, BTEC
- Vocational courses
- Local College courses
- Work-related Learning (in-house & external job sites)
- AQA unit awards
- The Duke of Edinburgh and Prince’s Trust Award schemes
- Specialist therapies
To meet individual needs and to facilitate access to the curriculum, students have access to a range of therapies, as required. These include:
- Speech, Language and Communication Therapy
- Occupational Therapy, including Sensory Integration
- Clinical Psychology support
To deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that gives each student the opportunity to achieve personal success.
Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School promotes a safe and supportive environment where everyone is valued and our expectations regarding standards of behaviour are clearly communicated. Each individual student is valued within a safe, caring and supportive community, characterised by high levels of encouragement, quality teaching and the highest standards of emotional care.
We have teachers and support staff here who are passionate about “narrowing the gaps” in your child’s learning and helping them to meet and exceed their personal targets.
As an inclusive – we welcome and celebrate every child’s individuality; recognising that each child has a different starting point and has potential for great progress.
Our aim is to deliver specialist, therapeutic education to young people from the age of 8-18 including outdoor learning to encourage pupils to become responsible and happy to enable them to progress towards a fulfilling adult life.